Not many people submitted answers for my tree quiz. Hopefully some of you are just playing at home. For the ones that did, here are the answers.
1. Silver Maple (Acer saccharinum)
2. Sweetgum (Liquidambar styraciflua)
3. Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum)
Bonus 1: Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Bonus 2: Virginia Creeper (Parthenocissus quinquefolia)
The small disks on the ends of the rootlets give it away.
4. Black Cherry (Prunus serotina)
5. Eastern Redbud (Cercis canadensis)
6. Tuliptree (Liriodendron tulipifera)
7. American Beech (Fagus grandifolia)